FORD FOOTBALL HALL OF FANS CONTEST
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY
A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING
Open only to legal residents of the United States, 18 years of age or older, as of date of entry.
By participating, you agree to these Official Rules and the decisions of Ford Motor Company (“Sponsor” or “Ford”) and Group E Marketing Services LLC (“Administrator”), which are final and binding in all respects and not subject to appeal.
The Contest is offered only in the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia. Contest is void in Puerto Rico and other U.S. Commonwealths, Territories and jurisdictions (including overseas military installations) and where prohibited.
The following persons are NOT eligible to participate or win prize(s) in the Contest:
- Employees, directors and officers of Sponsor, GTB Agency, LLC, the NFL Entities†, Bleacher Report, Inc., Turner Broadcasting System, Inc., Pro Football Hall of Fame‡, Pro Football Hall of Fame, Administrator; the parents, subsidiaries, divisions and affiliates of any of the foregoing entities (collectively, the “Contest Entities”);
- The immediate family of any such employee/officer/director (“immediate family” being defined as spouse, siblings, parents, children and their spouses, regardless of where they live);
- Members of the same household of any such employee/officer/director, whether related or not;
- Professional football players or coaches, whether active or retired; or
- Individuals who won any prize in any previous “Hall of Fans” promotion sponsored by Ford.
† The “NFL Entities” are the National Football League, its member professional football clubs, NFL Ventures, Inc., NFL Ventures, L.P., NFL Properties LLC, NFL Enterprises LLC and each of their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, shareholders, officers, directors, agents, representatives and employees.
‡ ”Pro Football Hall of Fame” is National Football Museum, Inc. (aka The Professional Football Hall of Fame, The Pro Football Hall of Fame, Professional Football’s Hall of Fame; “Pro Football Hall of Fame”).
|Stages of Contest
|Stage I - Online written submission of Entries
||July 18, 2019 at 12:00 p.m. ET
||December 22, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. ET
|Stage I - Video submission of Entries
||August 1, 2019 at 12:00 a.m. ET
||December 22, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. ET
|Announcement of Nominees
||November 24, 2019
||December 29, 2019
|Stage II – Determination of Finalists
||December 29, 2019 at 12:00 a.m.ET
||January 27, 2020 at 11:59 p.m. ET
|Notification of Finalists
||January 28, 2020
|Stage III – Determination of Grand Prize Winner
||On or about February 1, 2020
For Stage II of the Contest, by posting a notice on the Contest Website (as defined below), Sponsor may postpone or re-schedule the public vote.
How To Enter:
- Online: Beginning on July 18, 2019, visit www.fordhalloffans.com/football (“Contest Website”) during Stage I of the Contest and complete an official entry form with all required information (including, your name and email address). Then, in a statement (in English, no more than 250 words) tell us why you are the greatest NFL pro football fan and therefore deserve to be inducted as a member of the Ford Pro Football Hall of Fans: what separates you from the average NFL fan? Your completed official entry form and statement constitutes your entry in the Contest.
- At Pro Football Hall of Fame: Beginning on August 1, 2019, entry will be available at the Pro Football Hall of Fame in Canton OH. Entrants may go the Ford Football Hall of Fans kiosk, complete a registration form and record a video statement (in English, no more than thirty (30) seconds in length) telling why you are the greatest NFL pro football fan and therefore deserve to be inducted as a member of the Ford Football Hall of Fans: what separates you from the average NFL fan? Your completed official entry form and video constitutes your entry in the Contest. Entry at the Pro Football Hall of Fame is provided on a first come-first served basis and is not guaranteed. Sponsor, Administrator and Pro Football Hall of Fame disclaim any liability under any legal theory should a given person attend and/or register at the Pro Football Hall of Fame, but he/she is not granted the opportunity to create a video at the Pro Football Hall of Fame.
By entering the Contest, you represent and warrant that your statement or video is truthful. While Ford encourages you to make a strong case for why you belong in the Ford Football Hall of Fans, you are cautioned not to make any claim or representation that exaggerates, embellishes, misrepresents any facts. Ford reserves the right to condition selection as a Nominee upon one’s provision of adequate substantiation establishing the truth and accuracy of such representations//claims; and if Ford determines in its sole discretion that the proffered substantiation does not support the representations/claims in question, such entrant will be disqualified from the Contest (with the understanding that disqualification shall not represent the sole remedy available to Ford under such circumstances.)
By entering the Contest, you agree that any personal information provided by you in conjunction with Contest participation will be governed by the Ford Motor Company Privacy Statement accessible at www.Fordhalloffans.com/football/privacy; By entering the Contest, you expressly agree to the terms of the Privacy Statement.
Restrictions on Entry:
- There is a limit of one (1) entry per person per email address. A PERSON MAY ENTER ONLINE OR AT AN EVENT, BUT NOT BOTH WAYS. Violation of entry limit may result in disqualification of all entries.
- Statement or video will only be accepted if it is submitted at online or at an event as described in ‘How to Enter’ above. Partial or piecemeal submissions are void. Use of automated means of entry or third-party sweepstakes/contest entry services in conjunction with Contest participation are prohibited.
- Sponsor may acknowledge receipt of an entry. Any such acknowledgment is not otherwise binding upon Sponsor or Administrator. Comments made by Sponsor representatives at events are not binding upon Sponsor or Administrator.
- Sponsor may post statements/videos on the Contest Website or elsewhere. Other than posting for the public voting component for Stage II of the Contest (as described below), such posting is intended purely for entertainment/informational purposes and does not constitute any representation that a participant has been selected as a potential Nominee in the Contest. IF POSTED, STATEMENTS/VIDEOS REPRESENT SOLELY THE VIEWS/OPINIONS OF THE INDIVIDUAL ENTRANT BUT DO NOT REFLECT THE VIEWS/OPINIONS OF SPONSOR AND/OR PRO FOOTBALL HALL OF FAME IN ANY MANNER. SPONSOR IS ACTING AS A PASSIVE CONDUIT FOR THE POSTING OF STATEMENTS/VIDEOS AND DISCLAIMS ANY RESPONSIBILITY FOR SCREENING, MONITORING OR REVIEWING STATEMENTS/VIDEOS PRIOR TO POSTING SAME.
- Statement/video must be solely the original work product of entrant. Joint, group or team entries are prohibited.
- Once entry has been submitted, entrant cannot revise or supplement the statement/video, absent extraordinary circumstances (as determined by Sponsor/Administrator in their sole discretion).
- Entrant must have created the statement for this Contest, and it must not have been published prior to submission as an entry in this Contest.
Additional Restrictions on Content of Entry:
Entrant agrees that all entries [as used in this and subsequent sections, including the :30 second video submitted by a Nominee as well as any materials submitted by a Finalist, to the extent applicable] shall meet the following requirements and guidelines (any entry that, in Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion, violates the following criteria will be disqualified and will not be considered an eligible entry):
- Entries must constitute an original work of you as the entrant, and must be keeping with the Sponsor’s image, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
- Entries must not infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, right of privacy, publicity or other intellectual property rights or other rights of any third party.
- Entries must not be sexually explicit or suggestive, unnecessarily violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group, profane or pornographic, illegal, discriminatory or harassing, or display inappropriate activity, behavior or conduct or contain nudity.
- Entries must not promote alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing), any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous, or any particular political agenda or message.
- Entries must not be obscene or offensive, crude or vulgar, endorse any form of hate or hate group, gang signs or symbols.
- Entries must not contain any personal identification, such as license plate numbers, personal names, email addresses, websites, webpage links or street addresses.
- Entries must not contain copyrighted materials owned by others (including photographs, sculptures, paintings and other works of art or images published on or in websites, television, movies or other media) without permission.
- Entries must not contain materials embodying the names, likenesses, voices or other indicia identifying any person, including, without limitation, celebrities and/or other public or private figures, living or dead, without permission.
- Entries must not include look-alikes or celebrities or public or private figures, living or dead.
- Entries must not communicate messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill to which the Released Parties wish to associate.
- Entries must not depict and/or contain any content that is in violation of these Official Rules and/or any applicable laws.
Additionally, if any entry contains any material or elements that are not owned by the entrant submitting same, and/or which are subject to the rights of third parties, entrant is responsible for obtaining, prior to submission of the entry, any and all releases and consents necessary to permit the use and exhibition of the entry by Sponsor in the manner set forth in these Official Rules, including, without limitation, name and likeness permissions from any person who appears in or identifiable in the entry. Sponsor reserves the right to request proof of these permissions in a form acceptable to Sponsor from entrant at any time. Failure to provide such proof may, if requested, render the entry null and void. By submitting an entry, entrant warrants and represents that he/she and any persons appearing or who are identifiable in the entry consent to the submission and use of the entry in the Contest and to its use as otherwise set forth herein. Sponsor shall have the right to modify a video or statement to bring the entry in compliance with these requirements should it feel it is necessary in its sole discretion. All entries will be reviewed for content eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules. Entries containing false information, prohibited material or inappropriate content, as determined by the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may be disqualified from the Contest.
Sponsor makes the final determination as to what entries are eligible to take part in this Contest. By participating, entrant grants Sponsor and its agents the unconditional, irrevocable, worldwide right to publish, use, adapt, edit and/or modify such entry in any way, in any and all media, without limitation, and without consideration to the entrant. BY SUBMITTING THE ORIGINAL ENTRY, SUCH ENTRANT REPRESENTS AND WARRANTS THAT HE/SHE HAS ALL RIGHT, TITLE, AND INTEREST NECESSARY TO GRANT THE RELEASED PARTIES THE WORLDWIDE, IRREVOCABLE AND UNRESTRICTED RIGHT AND LICENSE TO ADAPT, PUBLISH, USE, EDIT AND/OR MODIFY SUCH ENTRY IN ANY WAY AND POST THE ORIGINAL ENTRY ON THE INTERNET AND USE THE ORIGINAL ENTRY IN ANY OTHER WAY AND AGREES TO INDEMNIFY, DEFEND AND HOLD RELEASED PARTIES HARMLESS FROM ANY CLAIMS TO THE CONTRARY. IN ADDITION, IF AT ANY TIME DURING THE ENTRY PERIOD FOR THE CONTEST OR AT ANY TIME THEREAFTER, SPONSOR DETERMINES THAT THERE ARE NOT ENOUGH OR NO ELIGIBLE ENTRIES EXIST FROM WHICH TO DETERMINE THE WINNERS FOR THE CONTEST, THEN SPONSOR MAY IN ITS SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE DISCRETION DETERMINE THAT NOT ENOUGH OR NO ELIGIBLE ENTRIES EXIST, AND THEN MAY EITHER SUSPEND OR TERMINATE THE CONTEST OR MODIFY THE CONTEST (OR ANY PARTS THEREOF) IN ANY EQUITABLE MANNER THAT SPONSOR DEEMS APPROPRIATE IN ITS SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE DISCRETION, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, BY NOT AWARDING THE PRIZES SET FORTH IN THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
Selection of Nominees:
All eligible entries (that is, statements and videos) will be evaluated by a judging panel (of Sponsor representatives) on a rolling basis during Stage I of the Contest based on:
- Creativity – 50%
- Compelling Story – 25%
- Originality – 25%
In conducting the judging, the judging panel shall consider whether the entry was in the form of a statement or video.
The top six (6) entries are potential Nominees will advance to Stage II of the Contest, subject to verification of their eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules and the results of a background check. In the event of a tie, the tie will be broken, and the potential Nominee(s) determined based on an additional judges’ review of the tied entries based on the foregoing criteria.
Sponsor and Administrator reserve the right to select fewer than six (6) Nominees for any reason and without notice or liability of any kind.
- Potential Nominees will be notified by telephone or email and must, within two (2) days of notification (or perhaps a shorter time period as indicated thereon):
- Complete and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability Release and except where prohibited by law, a Publicity Release Form (“Affidavit/Release”)†;
- Consent to a background check** as well as fully cooperating with Sponsor and its designated representatives as to the conduct of same, including by timely providing any and all requested information and materials;
- Participate in an interview with Sponsor representative at a designated time; AND
- Create a video of one (1) minute in length elaborating upon their initial entry as to why they are the greatest NFL pro football fan (for the avoidance of doubt, the content requirements above also apply to the one (1) minute video). This video should amplify – and not simply repeat – the content of the statement or video initially submitted by entrant. Sponsor/Administrator will use this video as the basis for creating a public profile of Nominee for purposes of the public vote component of Stage II of the Contest. Nominee will have no right of review or approval of the public profile. The creation of a public profile by Sponsor/Administrator in no way limits or affects the requirements for the content of the video. (In the interest of fairness, Sponsor/Administrator will endeavor to devote the same degree of time and resources in creating all Nominees’ public profiles.)
A potential Nominee will become a Nominee if he/she timely signs, completes and returns the above materials, provided that Sponsor determines in its sole discretion that the background check came back clean, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion and that allowing such person to proceed in the Contest will not bring the Sponsor into disrepute or reflect adversely upon the Sponsor’s business reputation or its goodwill. ENTRANT UNDERSTANDS AND AGREES THAT SUCH DECISION BY SPONSOR IS FINAL AND BINDING AND NOT SUBJECT TO APPEAL; AND, IF BACKGROUND CHECK IS DETERMINED BY SPONSOR NOT TO BE “CLEAN,” SPONSOR, AND THE RELEASED PARTIES SHALL NOT HAVE ANY LIABILITY OF ANY KIND.
†An electronic signature or affirmation or facsimile signature shall have the same legal force and effect as a hand-signed document.
** IF AN ENTRANT DOES NOT WISH TO CONSENT TO THE BACKGROUND CHECK FOR ANY REASON, HIS/HER SOLE RECOURSE IS TO TERMINATE HIS/HER PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST AND FORFEIT THE OPPORTUNITY TO COMPETE TO POSSIBLY WIN PRIZES IN THE CONTEST (AND, IN SUCH CASE, SPONSOR, AND THE RELEASED PARTIES SHALL NOT HAVE ANY LIABILITY OF ANY KIND).
(b) If an entrant selected as a potential Nominee fails to timely execute and return any of the above documents/materials, if he/she is determined to be ineligible for any reason (including non-compliance with these Official Rules or based on Sponsor’s evaluation of his/her background check); or the selected entrant cannot be contacted after reasonable effort as determined by Administrator in its sole discretion within two (2) days of notification (or perhaps a shorter time period as indicated thereon), opportunity to advance to Stage II of the Contest will be forfeited without compensation of any kind and an alternate entrant may be selected as a potential Nominee time permitting.
NOTE: A POTENTIAL NOMINEE IS NOT AN OFFICIAL NOMINEE UNLESS AND UNTIL THEY ARE ANNOUNCED AS BEING OFFICIAL BY SPONSOR, WITH SUCH DETERMINATION BEING MADE BY SPONSOR IN ITS SOLE AND ABSOLUTE DISCRETION. (For purposes of clarity, Contest Entities including Sponsor and Pro Football Hall of Fame may decide not to proceed with a given potential Nominee for any reason even after advising entrant of such status.) IN PARTICIPATING IN THE CONTEST, A GIVEN ENTRANT UNDERSTANDS AND AGREES THAT ANY STATEMENT OR REPRESENTATION MADE BY SPONSOR, PRO FOOTBALL HALL OF FAME OR ADMINISTRATOR THAT HE/SHE IS A POTENTIAL NOMINEE IS IN NO WAY BINDING UPON SPONSOR, PRO FOOTBALL HALL OF FAME, ADMINISTRATOR (OR ANY OF THE OTHER CONTEST ENTITIES) IN ANY RESPECT; AND, ENTRANT AGREES THAT THE CONTEST ENTITIES SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY UNDER ANY LEGAL THEORY UNDER SUCH CIRCUMSTANCES.
Determination of Finalists:
- (Nominees’ public profiles will be posted for purposes of public voting on the Contest Website. Each person who registers at the Contest Website will be able to vote once for each of the (6) Nominee’s public profiles: there is a limit of one (1) vote per person/email address per day (12:00 a.m. ET – 11:59 p.m. ET) per Nominee during the voting period. (Violation of this limit may result in all votes from such person being discounted.) A Nominee may vote for their own public profile.
- Nominees’ public profiles will also be reviewed by two (2) separate judging panels: (a) a panel of judges comprised of Ford representatives and (b) a panel of judges comprised of Pro Football Hall of Fame representatives. Each judging panel will independently review each Nominee’s public profile, based on their level of ‘pro football fandom’. Each judging panel’s review will account for one-third (1/3) of each Nominee’s total judging score. The final one-third (1/3) of each Nominee’s total judging score will be determined by the results of the public vote for Nominee’s public profiles, as of the conclusion of the Voting Period (as tabulated by Administrator, an independent judging agency).
- The three (3) Nominees with the highest scoring public profiles are potential Finalists, are eligible to receive a Finalist Prize and to advance to Stage III of the Contest where the Grand Prize winner will be determined. In the event of a tie, the Finalists will be determined based on the level of ‘pro football fandom’ of the tied public profiles by a third judging panel comprised of representatives of Ford AND the Pro Football Hall of Fame. Sponsor and Administrator reserve the right to select fewer than three (3) Finalists for any reason and without notice or liability of any kind.
- Nominees understand and agree that:
Nominees will be notified of selection as a potential Finalist via phone or email. In order to be confirmed as a Finalist, potential Finalist must agree to accept the Finalist Prize, including traveling during 2020 Super Bowl Weekend, Thursday, January 30, 2020 – Monday, February 3, 2020; if potential Finalist is not available on such dates for any reason, Finalist Prize (including opportunity to compete for the Grand Prize in Stage III of the Contest) will be forfeited and an alternate potential Finalist will be selected (that is, the Nominee whose public profile had the next highest score in the Stage II judging as set forth above will instead be a potential Finalist), time permitting. For the avoidance of doubt, a Finalist must attend Stage III him/herself and cannot appoint a proxy to do so in his/her place.
- Sponsor/Administrator shall not have any liability with regard to public profiles as posted on the Contest Website, including but not limited to the quality of the public profiles as created by Sponsor/Administrator or liability for technological malfunctions, failures or errors in conjunction with posting of public profiles;
- Public profiles may be posted in any order, pattern or sequence as determined by Sponsor/Administrator in their sole discretion and such order/pattern/sequence may be changed one (1) or more times during Stage II of the Contest;
- They will not offer any compensation or other benefit of any kind in exchange for a given person to vote for their public profile (or NOT to vote for another Nominee’s public profile) or engage in other activities intended to subvert or manipulate the public vote. ANY ATTEMPT TO TAMPER WITH THE VOTING WILL RESULT IN AUTOMATIC DISQUALIFICATION; AND, SPONSOR, PRO FOOTBALL HALL OF FAME AND CONTEST ENTITIES (AS DEFINED BELOW) RESERVE THE RIGHT TO PURSUE OTHER AVAILABLE LEGAL REMEDIES AGAINST PERSONS BELIEVED TO BE ENGAGED IN SUCH CONDUCT.
- Sponsor/Administrator reserve the right in their sole discretion to discount votes received (and, in egregious circumstances, disqualify a Nominee altogether) if Sponsor/Administrator determines that the integrity of the public voting procedure has been compromised in any manner, without liability or notice of any kind;
- They will not receive any prize in the Contest if not determined to be a Finalist; and
- The results of the Stage II judging (including the public voting) are proprietary information to Sponsor and will not be disclosed to entrants or any other persons.
Prizes (Approximate Retail Value – ARV):
Three (3) Finalist Prizes:
A trip for Finalist and one (1) guest to Miami, Florida from January 30, 2020 – February 3, 2030 to attend Super Bowl LIV on February 3, 2020. During Super Bowl weekend, the Grand Prize winner, from among the three (3) Finalist’s, will be announced at a time determined by the Sponsor/Pro Football Hall of Fame.
Trip includes round-trip, coach air travel from a major airport near Finalist’s home (determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion) to Miami; 5 days/4 nights’ hotel accommodations (standard room, double occupancy - room and tax only); ground transportation between Miami airport and hotel; and two (2) tickets to the Super Bowl LIV football game; two (2) tickets to certain activities selected by Sponsor/Pro Football Hall of Fame; a $600 gift card; ground transfers between airport and hotel at destination, between hotel and certain Prize-related activities and between hotel and the football game (ARV up to $9,600 each).
One (1) Grand Prize:
A trip for Grand Prize winner and one (1) guest during Pro Football Hall of Fame Enshrinement Week in Canton, OH in July/August 2020. (Pro Football Hall of Fame Enshrinement Week is projected to be in the last week of July/first week of August of 2020; Grand Prize winner will be advised of actual dates of trip no later than time of notification of his/her selection as a Finalist Prize winner.) Grand Prize winner must be available to travel on dates to be provided by Sponsor so as to attend Hall of Fame Enshrinement Week.
Trip includes round-trip, coach air travel from a major airport near winner’s home to Akron/Canton, OH (determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion); 4-night/5-day hotel accommodations (standard room, double occupancy - room and tax only); two (2) tickets to certain activities selected by Sponsor/Pro Football Hall of Fame; a $500 gift card; ground transfers between airport and hotel at destination, and between hotel and certain Prize-related activities (ARV up to $5,500).
Sponsor/Pro Football Hall of Fame will feature the Grand Prize winner at the Ford Hall of Fans display within the Pro Football Hall of Fame as the inductee to the Ford Pro Football Hall of Fans. Should Sponsor/Pro Football Hall of Fame choose to do so, Sponsor and Pro Football Hall of Fame will determine in their sole discretion any and all aspects of the display of the image (by way of example only, the identification of Grand Prize winner in same; the duration and frequency of such display; and any accompanying content), all without notice, review or approval by Grand Prize winner or any royalty, payment or other compensation to Grand Prize winner of any kind (other than the prize). Such display is also subject to all rules, restrictions and decisions of the Pro Football Hall of Fame at the time of display and instituted from time to time thereafter. Nothing herein in any way obligates Sponsor/Pro Football Hall of Fame to display the image of the Finalists or the Grand Prize winner and by refraining from doing so, Sponsor and Pro Football Hall of Fame will not incur liability of any kind.
Total ARV of all Prizes is: $34,300.
- Actual value of each trip prize may differ from approximate retail value. If actual value is less than approximate retail value, Finalist/Grand Prize winner will NOT receive the difference.
- All unspecified expenses in conjunction with prize acceptance and use (for example, meals, gratuities, souvenirs) are the sole responsibility of winner. All taxes on prize(s) won are the sole responsibility of winner. Winner understands that Sponsor is required by law to issue him/her an Internal Revenue Service 1099 Tax Form for the value of prize(s) won; and, winner agrees to fully cooperate with Sponsor or its representative in this regard, including by providing his/her Social Security Number upon request.
- Prizes are not transferable. Prizes are not redeemable/exchangeable for cash except for gift card component of prize where required by applicable law). Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize in whole or in part for any reason for a prize/prize component of equal value.
- For both trips, air travel and hotel accommodations will be determined by Sponsor/Administrator in their sole discretion; and, Finalist/Grand Prize winner and guest must travel together on the same itinerary as set by Sponsor/Administrator. Each trip is subject to availability and other restrictions. Specifics of each trip are at the sole discretion of Sponsor.
- Guests of Finalists/Grand Prize winner will be required to sign liability release and where permitted by law a publicity release (“Release”) prior to issuance of travel documents. (Again, a facsimile or electronic [scanned] copy of Release or, alternatively, an electronic signature or affirmation, will have the same legal force and effect as a hand-signed document.) If travel guest is a minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence, the guest’s parent/legal guardian must be the Finalist/Grand Prize winner as well as signing the Release on the minor’s behalf. The Grand Prize winner need not have the same person accompany him/her as the guest for both trips.
- Each Finalist/Grand Prize winner and guest (if a minor, guest’s parent or legal guardian on the minor’s behalf) agree to conduct themselves at all times in a socially responsible, appropriate and well-behaved manner, as well as following all instructions of Sponsor, Pro Football Hall of Fame and prize suppliers. Failure to do so will result in termination of trip and, for Finalist/Grand Prize winner possible forfeiture of prize. (However, the preceding shall not represent the exclusive remedy available to Sponsor or Pro Football Hall of Fame under such circumstances.
- Issuers of gift cards will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Gift cards are subject to their terms and conditions as indicated thereon.
- For Super Bowl LIV, ticket type and seat location at Game are of Sponsor’s sole choosing and are subject to terms and conditions of venue as indicated thereon. Tickets are not for re-sale.
- Finalist/Grand Prize winner and guest will not receive bonus miles, rewards points or other “perks” in conjunction with prize travel.
- If Finalist/Grand Prize winner accepts prize without a guest (including due to failure of guest to timely return Release), prize will be awarded in increments appropriate for the winner alone and no alternate prize or compensation will be awarded.
- If Finalist lives within reasonable driving distance of Miami or if Grand Prize winner lives within reasonable driving distance of Canton (in each case, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion), ground transportation will be substituted for air travel and no alternate prize or compensation will be awarded.
- By participating, entrants release and agree to hold harmless Contest Entities, and each of their respective shareholders, directors, officers, agents, members, successors, assigns and employees as well as Facebook, Inc./Instagram (collectively the “Released Parties”) from any and all liability in conjunction with participation in the Contest or the receipt, acceptance, possession, use or misuse of prize(s), as applicable.
- Entrants further agree that Sponsor and Administrator make no warranty, representation or guarantee, expressed or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any prize including, but not limited to the warranty or merchantability or fitness for the intended purpose.
- Where lawful, by accepting prize(s), winner agrees to the use by Sponsor and its designees (including Pro Football Hall of Fame) of his/her name, likeness, voice, photo, image, statements about the Contest, address (city/state) and other indicia of persona (collectively, “Publicity Rights”) for commercial/advertising/publicity purposes without further compensation or notice or approval of any kind. Winner further agrees that such use may include recordation of Stage III determination and/or the announcement of the Grand Prize winner of the Contest at Super Bowl LIV; and, as between winner on the one hand and Sponsor and its designees on the other, Sponsor and its designees shall own any and all rights to such recordation of Stage III determination and/or the Grand Prize winner announcement. However, winner acknowledges that nothing herein in any way obligates Sponsor or its designees to make such use of winner’s Publicity Rights and, by refraining from doing so, neither Sponsor nor its designees will incur any liability under any legal theory.
Limitations of Liability:
- Released Parties are NOT responsible for:
Sponsor’s/Administrator’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
Force Majeure: If, for any reason beyond Sponsor’s control, the Contest (or any part thereof) is not capable of running as originally planned (for example, fire, flood, storm or other natural cataclysm, riot or strike), Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest and conduct the Contest, making the prizes available in a manner which is fair, equitable and in accordance with these Official Rules, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Notice of such action by Sponsor will be posted on the Contest Website and at events to the extent feasible.
Any attempt to tamper with the Contest; to defraud Sponsor or Administrator in conjunction with the operation of the Contest; any belligerent, anti-social or inappropriate behavior at an event or failure to follow all instructions of Sponsor representative at an event (all as determined by Sponsor/Administrator in their sole discretion) will result in automatic disqualification (if applicable), as well as exposing any individual suspected of such conduct to prosecution and liability to the fullest extent allowed by law.
- Any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest;
- Technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in cellular networks, phone lines or network hardware or software;
- Unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or voting process or the Contest;
- Technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries and/or votes;
- Late, lost, incomplete, misdirected, corrupted, jumbled, inaccessible, damaged or compromised entries, statements, videos or votes, regardless of cause (all of which are void); and
- Any damage to entrant’s or another’s computer (or information stored thereon) due to participation in the Contest.
Governing Law; Dispute Resolution:
- These Official Rules and the Contest shall be governed by the law of Michigan (except for the conflict of law/choice of law rules of Michigan or of any other jurisdiction which would lead to the application of the law of any jurisdiction other than Michigan.)
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, entrants agree that: (i) any claim, dispute or cause of action regarding the Contest or these Official Rules shall be brought individually (NOT AS PART OF A CLASS ACTION) in the federal or state courts of Michigan; (ii) they consent to the personal jurisdiction of such courts as the exclusive tribunal for adjudication of any such claim/dispute/cause of action; (iii) their recovery will be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs involved in participating in the Contest (if any) and they expressly waive their right to all other forms of recovery, including by way of example only, punitive, consequential, indirect, incidental, special and exemplary damages as well as attorneys’ fees for bringing such claim/dispute/cause of action. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
For winners’ list, please send a self-addressed stamped envelope to ‘FORD FOOTBALL HALL OF FANS CONTEST’, PO BOX 2828, Orlando, FL 32802. All requests for the winners’ list must be received by January 24, 2020.
Ford Motor Company, 16800 Executive Drive, Dearborn, MI 48126.
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Instagram (or any other social media platform).
The NFL Entities (i) will have no liability or responsibility for any claim arising in connection with participation in this Contest or the award of the prize and (ii) have not offered or sponsored this Contest in any way.